Since there is much confusion about Judaism and Jews in general, we put up this little article that unravels such confusion in a clear, direct and simple way.
1. Current Jews belong to a false religion that has almost no relation to the religion practiced by the Jews of the time of Christ. Therefore, religiously they are not related to Christianity in almost any aspect.
2. The Jews who still practice rites of the Mosaic law commit mortal sin since they deny that Christ is the Messiah. This is why their religious practices are evil after the coming of Christ.
3. The main component of the current Jewish mentality is the Talmud, not the Old Testament. The Talmud is a book full of blasphemies against Christ and the True Church. So really one could not say that current Judaism is equivalent to Judaism from the time of Christ. To be more clear, you could say that the current ‘Jews’ are actually rather Talmudists.
4. For the same reason, saying phrases like, “Jesus was a Jew” or “Mary the Mother of God was Jewish” is actually inaccurate at best and a lie if argued that Jesus and Mary are equivalent or similar to modern Jews. It is important to avoid such confusion as much as possible.
5. A considerable portion of current Jews are not even genetically related to the Jews of Palestine from the time of Christ. Since at least 75% of them are Ashkenazi Jews that most likely descended from converts to Judaism from the Khazars.